LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max corruption - Can't stop configuration manager

I have a problem with repeated corruption of the MAX database. Twice in the last two months I have lost the MAX database and none of the knowledgebase article suggestions would clear it up. I ended up wiping NI software with mseblast and starting over again. Now it has happened again.

In the KB article at http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256F0E001DA9FF86256FFD005B827C it tells me to run net stop mxssvr and press Enter to stop the MAX database service. If you are prompted to stop other services, stop them.

Well here is a major problem, when it prompts me to stop the NI Device Loader and the NI Configuration Manager I can not stop either. I can go into the Services area of Windows and hit the stop button, but they just indicate Stopping indefinitely and never do stop as far as I can tell. I gave up waiting after ten minutes. So until I can get by this stumber, I am hung.

As an experiment I can disable these two services and reboot and they stay disabled. So some way they can be stopped, just not when they have been started automatically.

Has anyone seen this or have suggestions? This is on a PXI system running Windows 7. The chassis contains a 6229 DAQ, 7350 motion controller, and a four port serial board. Can't remember the model number on that at the moment.   

I'd sure appreciate any help you might have to offer.

Thanks,

Dave

By the way, has anyone had any luck with the corruption removal that was just listed recently at

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12805          

I tried it once but it didn't do the trick.

David A. Taylor
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,439 Views)

Mariahnova,

I am having a problem with the MAX database as well, but I don't know if it's the same problem.  I receive the following error message:

"The ? plug-in caused an exception in the CmxProviderWrapper::Initialize function in the NIMax process." 

If I press "Continue," MAX will open, but it won't open the Test Panels for my DAQ device.

I thought that my problem started with a hard drive crash; after I replaced the drive and restored the files, I had to repair the LV installations.  The recommended action (from NI Tech Support) was  to upgrade to the latest versions of DAQmx and NI-IMAQ, and to run the corruption removal tool.  So far, that has not helped.

Ed

Edward Motts
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,425 Views)

Hello everyone,

I have exactly the same problem with a cDAQ 9178 with 5 modules, NI USB-CAN 8473 and a USB/RS232 interface.

I can't stop mxssvr in order to repair MAX database.

I have found that if I kill nimxs.exe, mxssvr will stop. So I was able to follow the rest of the tutorial but it has not solved the problem.

I have tried to restart mxssvr but still.

I am unable to start MAX without having an exception (mxsRpcServerEnumObjects) and my hardware is not recognized into my VI.

The only solution I've found is:

Uninstall all NI programs

Delete NI related registry keys

Delete C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments directory

Delete C:\Program Files\National Instruments directory

Install application with my installer

Mariahnova, did you had any reply from technical support?

If yes, I am really interested about their solution.

Thank you in advance,

Quentin

Message 3 of 4
(5,252 Views)
Thanks for telling me the correct name of the process to delete. Before I read this I was deleting the wrong process.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,867 Views)