LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max & Min function coerces Min output to non-typedef

I have noticed a minor issue that I think is a bug. It is illustrated below in the snippet:

Max Min Compare Elements Coercion Example.png

When using the function in "Compare Elements" mode, the Min output is changed to a non-typedef. When in Compare Aggregates mode, it remains a typedef.  I can't think of any reason this would be intentional.  It is only a minor issue since the coercion would not be a big performance loss.  The output values are correct - which is the important thing!

I am using LabVIEW 2011 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,554 Views)

Is this actually a snippet?  Or just a screenshot?

I tried to drag it to a block diagram and it just wouldn't drop there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,535 Views)

It is meant to be a snippet. I created it using the "Create Snippet" menu option. I think now with IE you have to drag it to your desktop first and then onto the block diagram - did you try this?  It works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,527 Views)
A snippet won't have the Type Defs anyways...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,521 Views)

Okay.  That does sort of help.

I know what the deal is.  I'm on a PC with Win7 newly installed.  When I drag the snippet to the desktop, it gives me Windows security dialog asking if I want to allow the file to be copied.  I say yes and it copies.  When I drag the snippet directly to the block diagram, it doesn't ask me anything.  Just gives a red X.

So it is tight security that I never had to deal with under WinXP.  That or I managed to free it up and don't remember how.  I don't know if it is because it is Win7, or if it is because of IE8 being on a freshly installed PC.  Now I'll go hunt down how to free up the security.

I found it.  And it seemed vaguely familiar, so I may have used it in the past.  I add to uncheck Enable Protected Mode in the IE8 options menu.  I also found another setting

I used the registry tip in this website.  http://superuser.com/questions/52735/drag-and-drop-images-from-a-webpage-into-a-local-folder

I also found this site that was interesting, but I didn't try to use this tip.  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/dragging-dropping-pictures-text-no-mor... to see if it works or if it works better.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,518 Views)

Ah true. Ok attached is a zip of the three files.  It can be any typedef.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,506 Views)

Now that the snippets issues are sorted - does anyone have input on this issue?  Can you reproduce it?  Is it a bug?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,458 Views)

I see the same issue.

In addition: If the y (lower) input is a typedef'd control instead of a constant the min output will be a typedef'd indicator. Right-click > Create > Indicator still creates a non-typedef'd indicator but shows a coercion dot.

This definitely doesn't look like expected behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,444 Views)