LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix as input and output

Hey

I have a program with a matrix as output. I set the matrix and run the program. The program also saves the matrix settings to a file.
What I want is to see the last matrix state on the matrix when I start the program/labview. Only way I have seen so far is to make 2 matrix, 1 as output, and one for input.

But I want it to be one matrix, wich means it must be both input and output. Which seems imposible. Is there anyway I can do this or make it looks like one and same matrix all the time?

Jonas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,345 Views)

Sorry the matrix is a input to the program.

And i want to see the last setting off the matrix each time I start labview

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,336 Views)
Hi Jonas,

I'm not sure I really got your point but it sounds like a "make current value default" on your matrix control would do the job. If at the end of your VI's execution you perform a make current valur default, you will get this value the next time you start the VI, is that what you need ?

If yes, LV 8 as this feature built in, and for previous versions there are some tricks that you will find following this link 😉

Hope this helps you Jonas.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,336 Views)

Thanks for reply.

I solved the problem by creating a property node. The program writes to file so while it runs it reads from file - Deletes file - Writes a new file, of the setup. Organised in sequens struckture. 

Since the "make curren value default" function in 7.1 only made the current, and not the last default. I had to use file as memory for it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,319 Views)