LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab script node functionality

Solved!
Go to solution

Comparing only the specific overlapping functionalities of Matlab and Labview, is there any advantage for the latter apart from being able to execute blocks in parallel? What exactly is the purpose of the Matlab script node in Labview ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,566 Views)

In order to run the matlab script node, you need to have a licensed copy of matlab installed. This is typically at significant additional cost. Matlab is not a NI product.

The matlab script node is probably most useful if the company has a significant amount of legacy matlab code that needs to be supported.

There are other script nodes available with similar functionality. For example MathScript is a NI module that understands matlab style code. There is also a node for the free Scilab, a matlab alternative.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,563 Views)

Are script nodes in a Labview code also capable of being burnt on hardware, or is that privilege only for regular Labview components?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,555 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author saboo

MathScript can be deployed to realtime hardware (if this was the question). I don't know about the others.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,550 Views)

Hi,

I have a simple Matlab Script functionality embeded in LabView, but it drops an error (attached pic), although I have Matlab running on my PC.

Any idea if I need to link something or add an Matlab runtime engine or so?

Thanks in advance

Y3G

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,422 Views)