Matlab's Autohann Equivalent

Is there an equivalent vi for the matlab expression:

x = autohann(1062, 41)

x will then become a 1062X41 array.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,278 Views)

Hello simply_ynan,

Google gave me no results for "matlab autohann", so I can only assume that you meant to initialize an array. You can use the Initialize Array function on the Programming -> Array palette for the same functionality. You can initialize an array with any number of dimensions and with any value. For further details please see to detailed help of the function.

Daniel

Dániel Fülöp
Field Application Engineer (CLA, CTA)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,265 Views)

I might be wrong, but it seems like you could also use the "Resize Array" function for this, and wire the row and column terminals to constants of 1062 and 41.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
LabVIEW 2013, Windows 7

He who asks the question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask the question remains a fool forever.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,262 Views)

This the definition I got from matlab for autohann...

Automatically creates a hanning window to apply to a data set.  AUTOHANN Will create a column vector or column-matrix of the hanning window.  In the case of the column matrix,  each column will be identical. Intended for use with MATLAB's FFT function when processing multiple column data sets.  

USAGE: Specify the size of the column-wise matrix you wish to window. Both input arguments are required.  Set NumberColumns = 1 for a vector input.  WindowVector = autohann(NumberRows, NumberColumns);  

EXAMPLE: vector = [1 2 3 4 5 6 5 7 3 234 5642 234 7 5 3234]; vector = columnize( vector ); [nrows, ncols] = size( vector ); HannWin = autohann( nrows, ncols ); 

I just wonder if there's any equivalent vi for this in LabVIEW. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,243 Views)

You can find the Hanning window function in Signal processing -> Windows -> Hanning. 

Dániel Fülöp
Field Application Engineer (CLA, CTA)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,236 Views)