From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab Command Window Not Connecting to USB Device

Good evening!

I posted a topic about the same program I am working on a week or so ago, and since that time we have isolated down our problems specifically to utilizing the Matlab script node within Labview itself. I will re-attach the program below, but essentially, when we run our script node, the Matlab code doesn't appear to connect the LabView program to the USB device attachment that we are using. The exact implementation and communication to the device is a more complicated setup, but essentially commands such as this simple setup below:

Capture.PNG

Cause the command window to crash entirely, and it has to be cut off through task manager. The script node to the left is the full program being run through the command window, which works perfectly well when done in Matlab itself, but in LabView, it causes these problems to occur.

Is there some restriction that the Matlab script node has on connecting to exterior devices, or other innate limitation that I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am re-attaching the file below, and for reference, the device that we're unable to connect to is a DLP Lightcrafter 6500 Evaluation module.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(720 Views)