From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathematical integration problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Oh and unitialized shift registers keep values from previous calls.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,648 Views)

Every itteration?! o.O If they sum up, and keep going like this maybe that's why the final value is wrong. How do I clean up the memory every itteration and record only one true value into the array? And when the array is built to send the values list to the integration VI...?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,646 Views)

Shift registers keep values form the previous calls of the VI. You don't have to clean them in every loop iteration. By the way you'd better leave them initialized.

Just build your data into an array, and wire the array to the input terminal of the integral VI.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,642 Views)

I think my problem is in the building of the array... because now I noticed that the array subset node returns a subset of array starting at element 0 and with length specified by the constant. I tried to make the length the length of points... for example if step is 10 nm, this makes 70 points from 200 to 900 nm range. However it doesn't work again. Is there any better way of measuring and placing values into array? Without using shift registers?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,624 Views)

I do not know what kind of method you are using to sample the signal. If you are using a while/for loop just wire the samples out of the loop and set the tunnel mode to index elements.

When the loop stops you should get an array which you can integrate.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,617 Views)

Could you make a simple VI with that method... mine is different.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,613 Views)