LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MathScript for LabView NXG 2.0

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the new LabView NXG 2.0. I could activate the version with my Serialnumber from LabView NXG1.0.

If now I want to open a project, which is created with LabView NXG 1.0 and include several MathScript-Node, a get an error message. The message said, that the plugin "MathScript" isn't installed.

How can I installe the MathScript-PLugin for LabView 2.0? Or do I have to activate something else that I can use the MathScript Nodes. With my licened LabView NXG 1.0 I could use the MathScript Node without any problems.

Thanks for your help

Basil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,029 Views)

To provide a better technical experience for our customers wishing to incorporate textual math into their designs we have opted to pursue interfaces to industry standard tools such as Python and MATLAB® and in this interest we have not included native support for MathScript in LabVIEW NXG 2.0.

As such based on your specific situation Basil I would recommend the following options:

• Use LabVIEW NXG 1.0
  • Use LabVIEW 2017 and earlier
  • Re-write your .m in graphical data flow
  • Re-write your .m in C and run in the LabVIEW NXG C node
  • Generate C code from MATLAB and run in the LabVIEW NXG C node
  • Compile MATLAB code and run in the LabVIEW NXG Shared Library Interface

We would like to learn more about your application and would be interested in discussing this topic further with you if possible. Please contact jeannie.falcon@ni.com.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,889 Views)