LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching panel colors is impossible

Why is it impossible to get matchin panel colors? It the screen grab I posted the text background on the plot legond is a slightly darker shade than the background, it's the same for String indicators.

For the life of me I can not figure out how to get these shades to match.

This makes panels look really cheezy in my opinion.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,322 Views)

Use the transparent color for background colors (the T in the top-right corner of the color picker).  I would have thought this would be the default.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,319 Views)

@Matthew Kelton wrote:

Use the transparent color for background colors (the T in the top-right corner of the color picker).  I would have thought this would be the default.

Tried that, infact that is what you are looking at.

Maybe the problem is Transarent does not work properly in 2011?

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,309 Views)

It seems to really only effect the "Silver" control set.

I replaced my string indicator with a "Classic" and I can make everything transparent, hiding the boarder and background.

This is really anoying and limits the possible color schemes possible when using the new Silver sets

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,307 Views)

he problem is that the silver controls have a lot of layers to them, some of which don't appear to be accessible unless you modify the control and pull the parts apart and then reassmble them.  I could do it, but I think there were 4 layers to set transparent.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,299 Views)

Best thing to do is to note the R, Gand B numbers and try to get the same.. Also sometimes the color used is in history so you can directly use it..:manhappy: 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,275 Views)

Don't forget the "get color" tool. It is also in the tools palette.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,259 Views)