cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Match Regular Expression Function

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys, using this pattern I got this error:

-4600 Error occurred during regular expression match.

I have attached the VI.

can you help me?thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,959 Views)

sorry the correct VI is this one.

As you can see at second iteration it gives the error -4600

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,952 Views)

What are you trying to do?  It looks like you're trying to use a file path as a regular expression.  File paths on Windows have "\"s in them which will need to be escaped.  There may be a better way than regex to do what you're trying to do; if only we knew what that was...

🙂

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,943 Views)

hi well i want to save (create) a file and do a check to see if the new file that I want to create already exist or not. so the idea was to see if the path of the new file is equal to the old path

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,940 Views)

well thanks to your help I started a search of the "\" character with the aim to remove it and now seems that works 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,935 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author inuyasha84

@inuyasha84 wrote:

hi well i want to save (create) a file and do a check to see if the new file that I want to create already exist or not. so the idea was to see if the path of the new file is equal to the old path

Why not just use "Check if file or folder exists"? (File I/O -> Adv File Funcs)

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
Message 6 of 8
(3,931 Views)

yep better 😛

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,922 Views)
"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems."
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 8 of 8
(3,906 Views)