LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass compile of my VI directory errors

For the first time I launched and example (from LINX) and it offers only a broken arrow instead of regular run arrow, but no errors are listed when clicked on it. I was following this link as advised and ran a mass compile containing my VIs. On the website it is said: '''To solve this problem, mass compile the directory containing your VIs, as described in the Detailed Help. You should receive an error during the mass compile that points to the subVI that is of an incompatible version. You then need to save this VI as the correct version, and re-link it to your top-level VI by opening it.''

I have a list of errors, but I do not know what to do about them. What does it mean ''need to save this VI as the correct version and re-link it to your top-level VI by opening it''?

I would appreciate your insight of this situation.

Here are few of the errors:

KKmm_0-1578405599809.pngKKmm_1-1578405617575.png

KKmm_5-1578405870780.pngKKmm_3-1578405648067.png

For example, the issue for my block diagram specificity seems to be the ''Loop Frequency'', which is also the ''bad subVI'' and the only one that also can not be run from the Block Diagram. But it is in the same folder as everything else that is running. What could be the issue here...

KKmm_4-1578405714705.png

I would appreciate your insight into this situation.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,378 Views)

@KKmm wrote:

What could be the issue here...

KKmm_4-1578405714705.png

With this image, it looks like you accidentally crossed wires (the stop button control and the error out of the subVI are wired together).  So you should try re-wiring your OR function.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,342 Views)

Oh, did not notice. I apparently messed it up just for the photo, but other than that I have all the same problems.

This photo shows more accurate situation:

KKmm_1-1578411320102.png

I opened Open Serial Panel for comparison (of arrows).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,331 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@KKmm wrote:

What could be the issue here...

KKmm_4-1578405714705.png

With this image, it looks like you accidentally crossed wires (the stop button control and the error out of the subVI are wired together).  So you should try re-wiring your OR function.

That should actually work in relatively recent versions of LabVIEW (I want to say LV 2010 or so).  Occasionally I see it fail.  I think you need to do it in a specific order for it to work.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,319 Views)

Do you think the problem is with the example? Because it is an example given for LINX and is pre-made. I was following steps form this linkI have Digilet LINX (version 3.0.1.192) from the VI Package Manager and I am using LabVIEW 2019 SP1 (64-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit).

What I thought was that I have some problems with incompatible version of my VIs as I do get many errors after the mass compile. 

I am desperately looking for an answer of what to do with the errors.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,259 Views)

Hi KKmm,

@KKmm wrote:

I have Digilet LINX (version 3.0.1.192) from the VI Package Manager and I am using LabVIEW 2019 SP1 (64-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit).

have you tried a 32bit version of LabVIEW instead of your 64bit version?

It's recommended

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,253 Views)

Oh, that is a good point! 

Only the issue I have with 32-bit LabVIEW is that for some reason it does not open. It shows me that is loading, but that is it. Nothing opens. Is there something I can do to check to see what is the problem for not opening?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,248 Views)

I used 32-bit LabVIEW and I have the exact issues...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,141 Views)