LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Compile "Bad VI" & "Bad SubVI" errors, but with no apparent errors.

I am using LabView 8.5, FIRST Robotics Competition Edition, targeting the Compact RIO.

I am getting Mass Compile "Bad VI" & "Bad SubVi" Errors, in my own code, but with no apparent errors in the vi's themselves.

#### Starting Mass Compile: Mon, Jan 19, 2009 11:59:34 PM

Directory: "C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\Robot.lvproj"

### Bad VI:    "Autonomous Independent.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\Autonomous Independent.vi"

### Bad VI:    "AcceleratingArcadeDrive.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\AcceleratingArcadeDrive.vi"

### Bad subVI: "CrazyIvan.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\CrazyIvan.vi"

### Bad subVI: "Teleop.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\Teleop.vi"

### Bad VI:    "Autonomous Independent.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\Autonomous Independent.vi"

### Bad VI:    "AcceleratingArcadeDrive.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\AcceleratingArcadeDrive.vi"

### Bad subVI: "CrazyIvan.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\CrazyIvan.vi"

### Bad VI:    "AcceleratingArcadeDrive.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\AcceleratingArcadeDrive.vi"aa

### Bad subVI: "Teleop.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\Teleop.vi"

### Bad subVI: "Robot Main.vi" Path="C:\Documents and Settings\Acshi\My Documents\LabVIEW Data\Robot\Robot Main.vi"

#### Finished Mass Compile: Mon, Jan 19, 2009 11:59:46 PM

Since some of these reference each other, this is the block diagram of one that doesn't reference any other erroring vi's.

Bad SubVi Block Diagram

What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,197 Views)
Is the error window empty or does it give some explanation of why the VI is broken? When you mass compile, I'm fairly sure that a "bad" VI is simply a VI with a broken run arrow. It can still be compiled, so that in itself is not something to worry about. If the error window is empty, I suggest you upload the relevant VIs or send them to NI. Alternatively, you can also try pressing Ctrl+Shift+Run. This force compiles the VI, but I doubt it would help in this case.

Achsi,

You embedded an image in your message but it doesn't show up.  It looks like you inserted the image while you were in a preview mode of your editor.  That doesn't work because the image is just located in a temporary location on the NI webserver.  forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/preview/0/temp-122952-ni-170-34161-attachment

You need to actually post your message first with the image file attached.  That causes the webserver to assign the message and its attachments a permanent message ID.  Then you can go back and edit your message and insert the image in the message body using the properties of the attachment   forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/380557/1/BlockDiagram.png

Here is that image.

Message 3 of 8
(6,167 Views)

Hi Acshi:

While you may be able to find some help here, please look at using the FIRST Discussion Forum.  This will ensure that FIRST support is done in one place where all teams can find the information.

Thanks!

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,154 Views)

I would edit the post to link to the correct image, but I can find no option to do so.

I would repost this request on the FIRST Discussion Forum, but that forum currently has 'issues' -- i.e. bugs -- that prevent me from doing so.

Also, as best to my knowledge, this error is not related to anything that should be FIRST specific, at least, not from my end -- the internals of the FRC version may very well have bugs specific to it.

There is never any mention of errors besides from Mass Compile or from an attempt to run the program -- i.e. deploy to the Compact RIO.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,133 Views)

Look at the upper right of each message.

You see options and when fast enough you can press options after you have saved the message and have an optio to edit.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,116 Views)

You see options and when fast enough you can press options after you have saved the message and have an optio to edit.

And if you failed to edit the post and submit within 10 minutes of the original post, then time out occurs and you can't able to edit anymore

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,114 Views)

Interesting... It must have timed out before the temporary image did, and so I did not noticed a problem until I returned.

Regardlessly, I have found the error.

Errors did exist in my VI's, In particular, one of the subVi's I called in the VI shown happened to be private only, and so couldn't be used -- now I've just made a public version for my personal use. But LabView would not show me the actual errors unless I force-ran the the program, I really don't know why I had to do this, but when I did, it showed me a nice little dialog with my errors in it.

I am confused, as when I did normal runs, it would simply complain that the VI's were invalid and would not permit the run.

Very odd. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,086 Views)