LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual , PID , Fuzzy temperature control

Hello , im making a programm for the temperature control. I was asked to perform a manual control , a PID control and a fuzzy control. I have to create a knob that based to the value that choos ( 0 ,1 ,2 ) executes me one of the three methods. Initially i was asked to do only manual control and PID control so i opted for a boolean switch , but obviously increasing to three the number of the programs to be run this is no longer possibile . how can i do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,047 Views)

A radio button sounds like what you want. It can be wired directly to a case structure. I'm sorry - from my phone I can't open your VI but I'm guessing you have something like that?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,045 Views)

Sorry but i have not figured out how to do , how to add the third case.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,996 Views)

ok done, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,987 Views)

Glad to hear it worked out. I saw your VI now and whilst you can wire the 'knob' control you had already directly to the case structure, in that situation a default case is required and you can't use the convenient right click > 'Add Case for Every Value' option. Since a radio button behaves like/is an enum, it has a defined set of values which makes it really simple/nice to use with a Case structure. (You can also use an enum control directly, but maybe the radio button suits your visual design better?)

As a follow-up note, if you don't like the appearance of the radio buttons, you can right click on the control and choose Advanced > Customise and then in the window that opens use the right click > Replace on each element of the radio button control and choose a different boolean control appearance (like a button, rather than the circular dot). If you do this, don't forget to consider using a 'TypeDef' control rather than a simple 'Control' - then your data type is saved as part of the control.

radioButtons.png

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,973 Views)

Please Mark the post as Resolved.

Stefano

NI AE

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,957 Views)