LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulating subVI data before reaching the Trigger VI

Hi,

I am trying to setup an automated triggering based on data from a sensor that outputs current. However, the sensor data has a high frequency noise that I am afraid could generate false triggers on the system.

All my acquisition settings are originating from a subVI and the trigger data is "pulled" from there using the "source" input to the Trigger VI. Would anyone know of a way I could include a signal processing tool (Butterworth filter) in the data path before the raw data reaches the Trigger VI? Attached is a snippet of how my DAQmx code looks like currently.

I appreciate any help,

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,054 Views)

The Trigger VI is just setting up the DAQ.  So when the DAQ reads a falling 4V (in your example), it will start to fill the buffer up with samples for your application to read.  So you cannot do a software filter on the data.  You need to add an analog filter to get rid of the high end noise before the signal even makes it to your DAQ.  Give Digikey a good look.  You might be able to just use some ferrite beads to clean up your signal going into the DAQ.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,016 Views)