LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manchester Encoding with PXIe-6345

Hello All.

I have a product that has only one data input and is expecting a Manchester coded data stream with a bit frequency of 300Hz with about 100ms between frames.

Can I use 2 PFI (One for data and one for clock) channels of the 6345 in a XOR gate to create this stream?. I guess I need a few start bits and end bits to synchronize the message to the product? 

Any help if much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(817 Views)

Hi Monster,

@MonsterMunch wrote:

I have a product that has only one data input and is expecting a Manchester coded data stream with a bit frequency of 300Hz with about 100ms between frames.

So you want to output a DO signal containing a Manchester-encoded waveform?

You could create that waveform using the XOR function and two boolean arrays (data and clock)…

Why do you need PFI pins for that task?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(807 Views)

HI,

Yes we would use Digital output / PFI. 

I was thinking using PFI would be wiser to use to generate a accurate 300Hz clock for the encoding process. We have those available anyway in the 6345 not currently used.

We do have some start and stop bits in the sequence. So I guess we can use those to sync the message on the product side.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(797 Views)

Hi Peter,

@MonsterMunch wrote:

Yes we would use Digital output / PFI. 

I was thinking using PFI would be wiser to use to generate a accurate 300Hz clock for the encoding process. We have those available anyway in the 6345 not currently used.

Your 6345 supports output of digital waveforms on port 0.

So you can create digital waveforms and "play" them at the desired samplerate over one of the port0 pins.

That waveform will be as accurate (in terms of "accurate 300 Hz clock") as any generic clock signal of the counter engine…

@MonsterMunch wrote:

So I guess we can use those to sync the message on the product side.

Instead of "guessing" you should read the datasheet of that product to know which signal to send…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(759 Views)