LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing U16 images in Labview/IMAQ Vision

Oh I am sorry about that.

Yes I also noticed that U16 is supported by IMAQ Write File 2, as in the help document. But how can I specify this parameter? You know there are only three variables in the TIFF Options: Rows Per Strip, Photometric and Compression Type.

I then found a function called IMAQ Image Bit Depth, but it seems this function only applies to saving pngs.

Thank you so much!

My version is 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(981 Views)

The Image input terminal of the IMAQ Write TIFF File 2 VI defines the type of the image, which is defined by the IMAQ Create VI.

Thanks for your time - Chris
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(974 Views)

Thank you for your patience! But unfortunately this still does not solve my problem.

I have simplified my program to the best I could, and specified the image type as "U8" at IMAQ Create. Then I probed the image wire after IMAQdx Snap2 function, and the format of the output image was still I16, as specified below the palette of the probe display. The saved image was also I16. Simplified_U8.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(963 Views)

From the IMAQdx Snap2 VI help (good habit to try to review the help):

• If the image type does not match the video format of the camera, this VI changes the image type to a suitable format.

Despite creating the image as U8 (and why not U16, if that is what you want?), the camera is returning a I16 image.

Does the camera support a U16 image? If so, then the camera needs to be configured to return a U16 image. You can try setting the camera bits per pixel, it may work, if supported by the camera:

SetBit.png

Thanks for your time - Chris
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(954 Views)

Oh sorry I forgot to mention the fact that I first tried U16, and it was the very same. So I then toggled through some other formats, and captured the screen at U8. I did refer to the help information, but I did not realize I should alter the parameter of the hardware.

I first looked up the spec of the camera, the internal format is mono14, as specified in the PixelFormat attribute of the camera. It is like a 16bit signal with the higher 2 bits at 0.

And the problem was finally solved when I changed the acquisition parameter within MAX, and there is an option of 'output image type'. I think it is equivalent to setting up a property node.

Thank you so much for your help! I do appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(951 Views)