LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make connection Pneumatics - Arduino - Labview

Hello everyone, In the university they proposed us the following laboratory: (I write text to enter context)

An industrial pneumatic press is shown in the scheme of Figure 1, this press is manually operated with two hands and is composed of three linear actuators 1A, 2A and 3A. The actuator 2A performs the function of the press and must be activated in a first step at 50% of its distance, in this position it will be pressing the material A with the B and in the second step it will travel to 100% of the distance and will be pressing the material C with D. The sequence of the press is as follows:

1. When activating the two buttons at the same time the actuator 1A must be activated, if one of the buttons or both are removed during the journey of the guard, it must be returned.
  2. When the actuator 1A reaches its end of stroke, it must start the advance of the press.
  3. When reaching 50% of its stroke, actuator 2A must press material A with B for a period of time determined by a pneumatic timer.
  4. When actuator 2A is returned to its starting position, actuator 3A will move the support to the left so that the materials C and D are in the pressed position, and must reach the position of LS7.
  5. After being in position the press is activated with the 100% displacement to press the product C and D, there is a pressing time.
  6. At the end of the pressing time, actuator 2A is returned to its initial position.
  7. When 2A reaches its initial position, the actuator 3A starts its recoil.
  8. When it reaches its start of race 3A, the 1st actuator starts its recoil, reaching its initial state.

I already made the pneumatic connection part in a test bench. Now, we must make the assembly of the figure that annexes in LabVIEW and perform the communication by arduino.
The communication with arduino must be of serial type, the programming I already have it but I do not know how to perform the simulation in LabVIEW.

¿Somebody could help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,162 Views)

Surely you are working in a team, right?  Get together with your Team-mates, help each other learn LabVIEW (have you had a class, or are you supposed to learn from Tutorials, such as the ones found on the first page of this Forum?).  Note that you want to learn how to do simple things first -- you don't want to immediately start writing the code to handle your pneumatics.

Design your project.  Write down in broad strokes what you want to do.  Look for things that repeat (suggesting a loop), where choices are made (a Case), comparisons or other decisions, etc.  

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,126 Views)

Hi jblanco664!

I think that a great option for your project, is to make a machine state in LabVIEW.

Here is a tutorial of How to make a State machine in LabVIEW

By the way, for this application you will need NI VISA, do you have it? It is a software that makes LabVIEW able to communicate with other hardwares using USB, RS-232, Serial, Ethernet, etc. You can download it from here.

Any other question, just reply it here 🙂

Staff Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,107 Views)