LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a Call from PC with Labview

Hello,

can you any body tell me how to make a phone call from PC using modem connection with labview?.....................

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,555 Views)
In the same way you would do it with any other program. You talk to the modem and send it the appropriate AT commands. Presumably you have a modem that uses the serial port. In that case look at the examples that ship with LabVIEW dealing with the serial port. As for the AT commands, use Google.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,547 Views)

here  i am not using the serial port for dialing the modem, i am using direct modem connection like a small RJ-45 connectors. even from the XP - control panel you can dial and call to any no. like that i want to do in programatically....

this task i want to do with some emergency purpose instead of using buzzer or alarm or sms. 

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,543 Views)
An RJ-45 connector can still be a serial connection. Are you referring to the phone line connection? Is the modem actually installed in your computer, or is it external? Is it a PCMCIA card?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,538 Views)
sorry, the modem already installed in my PC and i am referring the phone line connection only. it is in internal.. not a external card...
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,532 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,525 Views)
right now i am using labview 8.6 version will it support this task?
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,515 Views)
It will....
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,513 Views)

You are going to have to explain what you really want because calling a SOAP service is not at all the same as making your modem dial a number. I'm not even sure how that association was made.

You've already been told how to communicate to the modem. Internal modems are attached to a com port? Have you even looked at the properties of it in windows control panel. It tells you there which com port is being used.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,482 Views)

Hi, i im the same situation of balaji...I have a Modem dial (com3), I use VISA serial to read com3, but that give me STRING.....how I can hear that???...other dude, how i can take tone?-----best regards!!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,913 Views)