LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVB simulator in LabVIEW

Hello Community,

Cheers

Have any of you guys used/created MVB bus simulator? My ultimate goal is to check my labview vi's without having actual MVB hardware. I mean is there any software like Modbus simulator for MVB simulator ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,780 Views)

Hello,

As long as I know, MVB simulator is not officially provided by National Instruments.

Related contents were discussed on these pages:

Does Labview and NI hardware support Multifunction Vehicle Bus (MVB) - NI Community - National Instruments

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Does-Labview-and-NI-hardware-support-Multifunction-Vehicle-Bus/td-p...

Can I Use LabVIEW to Communicate with Multifunction Vehicle Bus? - National Instruments

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000015CNkSAM&l=en-US

Minori

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Japan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,672 Views)

Hello,

Do you have any other questions?

If you have, please feel free to ask questions!

Minori

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Japan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,642 Views)

But is there any possibility to develop simulator like there is Modbus simulator and how ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,611 Views)

But is there any possibility to develop simulator like there is Modbus simulator and how ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,535 Views)

Hi piZviZ,

I can't give you an answer in great detail (regarding MVB or ModBus) but I will point out the following - if you have some mystical device (e.g. MVB) that responds to some inputs with some outputs (e.g. send MB command, receive response) then it is in principle always possible to simulate it using a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) or similar.

Whether this is worth your effort is something you have to decide - essentially you are programming an entire software version of the real hardware. Depending on the depth you need for simulations, this might include adding memory banks, storing significant state, having asynchronous execution, etc... etc...

It's certainly not likely to be trivial.

It might be that other companies (e.g. the ones mentioned in Yoneda-san's previous posts) offer their own simulated versions of your hardware. In that case, they're probably doing what I described above. I'm not sure how likely this is... it's a fairly specific requirement and unless there are a lot of users needing this I imagine programming it to faithfully replicate behaviour is tricky, and therefore expensive 😞

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,528 Views)