From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTIPLE CHANNEL ANALOG INPUT USING DAQ ASSISTANT

hi..
i am beginner..really need help..
i am using pci 6014, bnc-2120, labview 7.1..
i have 3 input analog. i already try using DAQ assistant for acquire 3 analog input voltage simultaneously but there is an error..
could you help me to find the solution and provide me some examples..
thanks a lot..

best regards..
firdaus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(12,308 Views)
Do not use three different DAQ Assistants to read three different channels. Use one DAQ Assistant to read all three. The use of analog channels wire to Booleans doesn't make much sense either. I don't know how or if that will work. I've never seen that done. If the DAQ board has digital I/O, then use that instead. It would also make more sense to eliminate those local variables and wire the output of the DAQ read to the indicators. I don't think you'll be able to use the Boolean controls anyway since the value will be set by the DAQ read with each iteration of the while loop.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(12,299 Views)
thanks Dennis..but i'm still stuck Smiley Sad..i am really beginner..
i need to acquire 3 different input analog volatge..and to identify them separetely..
i have try using 1 DAQ assistant and add 3 channel..but i cannot identify which is input come from..
my concept is..if there is input voltage from any one from the 3 input..it will show the indicator at the labview which is location of the input..
if u dont mind can u modify it..i am really appreciate it..
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(12,261 Views)

I'm not sure I can give you an example because I still don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Your initial VI has 3 DAQ Assistants and each are taking 100 samples of analog data. You then wired them up to Booleans. Exactly what type of measurement are you trying to take? What are the signals you have connected to the DAQ board? Are they really analog signals or could you use the digital I/O on the DAQ board?

If you are using the DAQ Assistant to read 3 separate analog inputs, then you can use the split signal function to separate them out. If it's DC level that you are reading, you probably don't need to take 100 samples unless you need to do some averaging. If you want to compare the signal to some threshold, then use the comparison functions. Do not wire directly to some Boolean.

You should check out http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5434 for DAQmx basics and http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5054 for learning LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(12,249 Views)
Actually, i have 3 voltage inputs that are from motion sensor, smoke detector and door access system. if any of them detect smoke, motion or intruder, they will give input voltage (10V to -10V) to the DAQ..it can be only 1 or 2 or 3 input at the same time (synchronize) depend on the sensor/detector..then if there is a voltage let say from motion sensor, it will give the indicator(LED) to the motion sensor etc..then as the output it will trigger the buzzer(alarm) and camera recording..can u get me?
thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(12,240 Views)
Here's an example that is about as simple as you can get. Since you didn't mention the actual voltage that indicates an alarm, I left that for you to fill in.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(12,237 Views)

Hello.

I am trying to design a Voltmeter with different input channels on LabView 2013 with a USB 6009.

What I need is the voltmeter to be capable of reading voltage (supplied by a function generator) from three different channels at the same time, I used three DAQ assistants for this purpose.

When I hit the "Run" button on front panel, the Voltmeter only can read one value at a time, while on the "Error out" icon appears the error code -50103.

Is it possible to read three different voltage values of three different input channels at the same time?

Thank you for your support...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(8,927 Views)

You replied into an 8 year old thread.

Reading the messages above will tell you the answer to your question.

Searching the forums for "error 50103' will give you thousands of results, and all of those threads will tell you the answer as well.

Spoiler
One DAQ Assistant set to read 3 channels
Message 8 of 8
(8,920 Views)