From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODBUS and TCP/IP

Hello,

I am using labview2011. I interested to work with labVIEW very much. Mostly, I worked with SERIAL communications but this time I am going to work with MODBUS and TCP/IP protocols. I have never used then in labview. I understand quite well about TCP/IP in labview by seeing some examples. I have never heard about MODBUS and I don't have that functions in my current labview. Please help me that what it means and where can I get MODBUS vi's.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,688 Views)

This is what you need:

NI Modbus Library for LabVIEW

You are on the right track; try to look at the examples and you should be OK. Any questions, and post it on the forums where we can help you. Good luck!

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,684 Views)

I don't know any thing about MODBUS and how it's gonna help in TCP/IP. Please give me some short description.

@adnan Z wrote:

This is what you need:

NI Modbus Library for LabVIEW

You are on the right track; try to look at the examples and you should be OK. Any questions, and post it on the forums where we can help you. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,677 Views)

Did you actually look at that link? Or did you not see the 'Introduction to Modbus' that is there?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,673 Views)

I have been reading the documents about MODBUS and understand well at the moment. Also, I have downloaded the modbus library from NI site but it is having all examples in it. How can I get especially NI-Modbus Vi's into my functions pallet of labview2011. More, Is there any existing programs on this  forum about MODBUS RTU or TCP/IP protocol so that I can start seeing more precisely.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,657 Views)

I started my project that involves initially in communicating keller pressure sensor from NI CRIO-9073, which is remotely connected to my PC. I just want to dump a program into NI CRIO-9073 in such a way it can just get the pressure information from sensor.

I am really new to measurement and automation and I have some doubts here..

1) In RS-485 communication, they are just using LAN cable connected to NI CRIO-9073 and other end it is connected to pressure sensor. I am really not understand here that I thought RS-485 is similar to RS 232 but it was really different to RS 232. Is that right? If so, here is rs 485 cable example http://arabic.alibaba.com/product-gs/51033724/usb-rs485-converter.html

2) I don't have modbus vi's in my labview 2011 and I downloaded the NImodbus zip library from NI, but, i am not sure how to get these VI's into my labview.

3) Let say if write some code in labview by using modbus vi's. I need to select a comport in this case if I want to run my program but as long as my PC is connected to NI CRIO-9073 remotely by LAN cable.

I have really some silly doubts but I want clear my self to continue in this project.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,632 Views)