LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX

Couple questions regarding MAX (ver 5.x.x I think).

1) Shouldn't there be a seperate discussion topic section for MAX?  Its not Labview.

2) I have 2 different test sets (TS#1, TS#2) w the same PXI DAQs, MUX etc. in each.  In TS#1 MAX shows my PXIe-1062 chassis and my PXI8101 controller as well as the DAQ MUX etc cards.  In TS#2 it only shows the DAQ cards and the other PXI cards not the controller or the chassis.  Why?

3) I've also noticed throught out my use of MAX sometimes, in other test stations, it shows the chassis as "PXI1062 chassis 2" ( or somthing like that).  Why is it labeling it as chassis 2?  What happened to 1?

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,465 Views)

1.  MAX, the Measurement and Automation Explorer, is a LabVIEW Utility tied to the LabVIEW (or NI) Device Drivers.  We don't have a separate DAQmx (or even DAQ) topic, not clear why we need a MAX topic.

2.  I don't completely understand the Question, so I can't suggest a possible answer.  Maybe when you set up the Test Sets (I'm not sure I know what these are) you went straight for the DAQ and other PXI cards ...

3.  In MAX, you can name Chassis as you wish if you don't like the naming scheme MAX uses.  Perhaps at one time, another Chassis was installed, so when you add a new one, it becomes "Chassis 2" (this happens all the time to me when I plug in a USB DAQ device -- it becomes "Dev3", or something otherwise non-mnemonic).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,443 Views)