cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX does not show Remote System tab in tree

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi dear all,

i have installed LabView 2010 and along that MAX 4.7.7 on my Laptop Visat OS. Problem that i am facing is that my MAX tree "Remote System" Tab is not visible. Only My System tab is visible and its showing all installed software and devices correctly.

1. What settings i need to check to get this tab shown in tree?

2. Do i need to install some other software or patches or re-install what softwares?

3. Why is it happening to me?

Kindly help me with your valuable experiences.

Best Regards

awais qureshi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,694 Views)

The Remote Tab just shows up if you have LabVIEW RT or VBAI installed.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,688 Views)

Dear Christian,

Thanks alot for reply,

I have already installed LV Runtime 2010 SP1, as i can see it as well in MAX under system tab->software. Where else i may confirm it as well.

Also i dont need Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (VBAI), therefore, can you just concentrate on assisting me in showing up Remote system tab, using LV Run-time. As i badly need it to configure NI-WSN gateway and nodes.

Thanks & Best Regards

awais qureshi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,678 Views)

Sorry, when I was talking about LabVIEW RT I ment LabVIEW REALTIME.

However, the WSN Nodes doesn't show up as Remote Targets, instead you will find them under the Devices and Interfaces (rightclick DAQmx Devices then)

Christian

Message 4 of 12
(6,675 Views)

Hello Awais,

Below are the software and components needed for your WSN hardware per p. 6 of the User Guide for the 9792.  Your Gateway (9791 or 9792) should appear in MAX under Remote Systems if all of the following software components are installed. Your nodes should then appear under that Gateway. I am also listing some articles that you may also find useful while setting up to begin your application.

-LabVIEW 2009 SP1 (32-bit) or later

ni.com/labview

-LabVIEW Real-Time module 2009 SP1 (32-bit) or later

ni.com/realtime

-LabVIEW WSN module

http://www.ni.com/labview/wsn/

-NI WSN driver are installed on your PC

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n8:1.11297,ssnav:s...v

Getting Started with NI Wireless Sensor Networks

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372998b.pdf

NI 9792 WSN Real-Time Gateway User Guide
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8890

Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) Setup and Services

http://www.ni.com/wsn/setup/

Best,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,598 Views)

Thanks Dear Patricia and Christian,

I have already installed LV Real time 2010, as i can see it as well in Controlpanel->parogram and features->uninstall/modify->national instruments. I have attached picture for that. Where else i may confirm it as well. Do i need to uninstall everything for NI and then re-install from scratch???

Although i am able to view my WSN nodes in LV project, once i add via new targets

Best Regards

awais qureshi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,592 Views)

Hello Awais,

There are a few places that indicate the Real-Time Module has been succesfully installed. I am attaching screenshots of the following locations that indicate that this is the case:

-'Remote Systems' under Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)

-NI License Manager

-LabVIEW splash screen

If the Real-Time module/option appears in the locations listed above, there should be no reason for you to have to uninstall or re-install your software. If there are other indicators such as error messages or the module does not appear in these locations, please attach screenshots and a detailed description. We can then discuss if uninstalling or reinstalling the software is the next best option.

Best,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Awais_Qureshi

Thanks alot all,

i am able to resolve MAX issue as well for that i needed to uninstall all NI softwares and delete their folders as well. Then re-installed the required NI softwares and now everything is working OK.

Dear Patricia, i am able to see Real-time in all three recommended positions. For last configuration, i know now and just remember that i saw Real-time in LabView front page, rest i did not check as i did not know it. Anyways now its solved.

Once again thanks to you all for valuable support and guidance.

Best Regards

awais qureshi

Message 8 of 12
(6,548 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem. I uinstalled all NI software and folders and did new instalation, but NI MAX does not show the Remote System item. I am using LabVIEW 2017. NI MAX 17.5. Any idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,094 Views)

Hi Charlie,

Do you have LabVIEW Real-Time Module 2017 installed as well? During your reinstallation did you install the Real-time Module after installing LabVIEW?

-TyVo

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,083 Views)