LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX Configuration Server Corrupt

@Niatross wrote:

Just to re-clarify my question. I am after the best way of making code resilient to MAX database corruption issues. A lot of our code goes to customers who aren't knowledgeable with NI software/hardware and as far as they are concerned just want a magic black box. Everyones comments has confirmed that I am thinking along the right lines so I am going to have an experiment today.

@Mancho00 wrote:

We have ~20 computers using DAQ devices, and I get one with a MAX database corruption every 3-6 months.  It's definitely not due to software installation/update, either.  There is a reason NI put a menu item in MAX to fix it...

Mancho, I am guessing you are referring to the 'Reset Configuration Database' button?

@JÞB wrote:

@BS,  look into my older posts about NI Device Manager.  It is possible to automatically detect a new device and then associate it with everything DAQmx-ish with a simple executable and some adroit HKEY NInja like moves in the same installer.    <Don't do this at home!  We are professionals >

What posts are you refering to here JpB? I can't find them on your profile.

Devmon may be the best search term.  The use of it is  fragile! I do not recommend it!  <I think that it has been useful twice in twenty years >

How do you manage the Client that thinks "Well... this is just LabVIEW,  not SOFTWARE " ? ???? Should not be as "amusing " of a topic as I believe it could be. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(199 Views)