LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATLAB script - function does not exist

I am attempting to use the MATLAB script node to call user defined functions. However, LabVIEW is unable to call the functions. I have set the .m file search path through TOOLS->OPTIONS->MATHSCRIPT to the appropriate location yet they are still unrecognized.

I can get the functions to properly execute if I copy and paste the code into the LabVIEW MathScript GUI and resave the functions into a new file, but if I close LabVIEW and reopen it, the functions are no no longer recognized. I have tried using the MATLAB command 'addpath' and even this function is not recognized by LabVIEW's MATLAB script.

I am using MATLAB R2015 (64-bit) with LabVIEW version 2014.0f1 (32-bit).  Are there any known compatibility issues between these two pieces of software? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,698 Views)

Matlab != Mathscript, so the mathscript settings are irrelevant.

Matlab: software by mathworks. The matlab script node requires matlab installed.

Mathscript: A LabVIEW implementation of a script node that uses matlab syntax, but has nothing to do with mathworks. The mathscript node requires the Mathscript RT Module.

Are you using the matlab script node or the mathscript node?

If you are actually using the mathscript node, there is a special forum.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,680 Views)

I am using the MATLAB script node. MATLAB is installed. I can get it to run basic operations (eg. inputs a,b & output c Then,  a + b = c works). If I create a function adder, where c = adder(a,b) . The software will not recognize the function. I will try the Mathscript vi. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,652 Views)

FYI - there is a beta version of LabVIEW MathScript RT Module 2016 with 64-bit support for Windows, Mac, and Linux. If you're interested, you can sign up here:

http://digital.ni.com/betaprogram/mainbetacust.nsf/main.htm

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,435 Views)