From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low configuration computer can't run Labview with real time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm confusing a bit when I run Labview in another computer. The application written by my laptop already worked fine. Then, I package it and installed another computer. 

The application could run in that computer as well, but the waveformchart (to display the data) could not follow the real time (delayed about 5-6 seconds). 

I tried to install second computer and It could run well like It did in my laptop

So, I dont know where was the problem. I guess the computer configuration affect the acquisiton speed? (Because the first computer I installed was older version and has lower configuration)
(I used Arduino to get the data through analog Pin and process with labview)

Please see and tell me what is exactly my problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,487 Views)

Without looking into the code it might be difficult.

-Please post vi/snippet(http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9330/en/) so that we can see the code if anything is suspicious.

-What are your versions of Labview versions in both PCs(Delayed and Normal One)

-Also give your PC Configurations for both may be OS-?, 32 bit or 64 bit? RAM-? i am not sure if possible provide Processor also.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,471 Views)

I'm using Labview version 13. My laptop is core i3 - 64 bit and Ram 4GB.
The computer which could not run well is desktop computer (I dont remember but It was old)

Below is my VI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,461 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lucbk

Some pointers:

- Any operations that don't rely on the data being acquired, do them outside of the while loop (e.g. some of the filter design functions) because you probably only need to do them once at the start

- The LIFA toolkit is no longer supported and has been replaced for a long time by the LINX toolkit - you might want to consider using the current/supported toolkit

- Your for loop at the top of the diagram does nothing - you take an array of 1000 points and index out the elements into an array of 1000 points - so the array doesn't change - just wire it straight through.

- You might want to consider using a producer/consumer architecture - writing data to files is slow and might be slowing down your loop (especially on an old hard drive!), if you enqueue the data to another loop, you can write it to file without slowing down your data acquisition.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 9
(3,455 Views)

Thank you for your big advice, Sam_Sharp

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,448 Views)

But, Can you show me how to create a new while loop for writing data inside or outside the while loop?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,437 Views)

There are lots of examples of the producer/consumer architecture in both the built-in documentation/examples in LabVIEW and you will also find lots of examples online.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,427 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lucbk

As Sam pointed:

You can check more on Producer Consumer architecture http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3023/en/

-There are inbuilt templates existing for this: File->New->From Template ->Frameworks->Design Patterns

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,401 Views)

Thank you two bro so much. It really help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,393 Views)