From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lottery Generator simulator

So Im trying to figure out what to do next. I need to create a lottery generator simulator. Numbers must be betwen 1-69 and they cannot repeat. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,595 Views)

You posted a blank VI, are you kidding? This is not the place for you to post your homework. You could have at least gone to the effort of putting down some controls/indicators to show how you wanted the user interface to look...

Try taking some LabVIEW tutorials, think about the code you need to produce (e.g. try to explain it in pseudocode / draw a flow chart) and then implement it.

Then, and only then, come back to us once you have specific questions about your VI.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,577 Views)

Go meet up with Carlos_111.  You two must be in the same class.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabView-Help/m-p/3264723

He might have gotten a little farther along.  At least you knew enough to create a meaningful subject title for your message.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,561 Views)

This will work, but I can't guarantee that it will be the simple solution your teacher is expecting:

Obfu Lottery.png

This is a Snippet! Drag it to your LabVIEW block diagram to import the code directly.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,402 Views)

James,

You are answering questions that are supposed to be homework assignments for these people.  Do you really want to just hand them answers?  Wouldn't you rather have them learn how to do something?  When someone graduates and applies for a LabVIEW job at your company, would you want to hire someone who got an easy A because they were given the answer as opposed to someone who tried to learn?

I've marked your post as spam so that it can be quarantined.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,512 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

James,

You are answering questions that are supposed to be homework assignments for these people.  Do you really want to just hand them answers?  Wouldn't you rather have them learn how to do something?  When someone graduates and applies for a LabVIEW job at your company, would you want to hire someone who got an easy A because they were given the answer as opposed to someone who tried to learn?

I've marked your post as spam so that it can be quarantined.

I don't think that was handing an answer to them. It was very highly obfuscated, which I've found forces people to understand in order to use.

The last post (Guessing Game) I admit to handing out a straight answer, but that was just because it was an interesting challenge and I had fun with it.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,501 Views)
I swear I didn't post a blank VI. I had a lot of it done, I was stuck at some point and I didn't know what to do.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,491 Views)

@James.M wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

James,

I don't think that was handing an answer to them. It was very highly obfuscated, which I've found forces people to understand in order to use.

The last post (Guessing Game) I admit to handing out a straight answer, but that was just because it was an interesting challenge and I had fun with it.

Ummm.  Here's a snippet.  Drag and drop it to a VI.  There's your answer.  It works.  It doesn't matter how obfuscated the answer is,  it is still giving them the answer.

It's okay for you to have fun and work the challenge.  But don't do it for someone who is supposed to be doing it as part of their learning.  The OP would probably be violating their school's code of ethics if they proceeded to use it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,473 Views)

Ok, I get it.

Solrac, this code will work, but is highly obfuscated. I suggest you look closely and figure out how it works in order to help you understand the wide range of possibilities of LabVIEW and how there is a wide range of ways to get to the same answer.

Obfu Lottery.png

This is NOT a Snippet! Just an image.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,386 Views)

Okay.  So it is not a snippet.  It is still an answer.

Quit doing their homework for them !Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,454 Views)