LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing my Max value during a test...

I'm using the Array Max & Min PtByPt function and I seem to be losing my max value after it starts going down...  I'm so lost, I've used this function before in other programs I have written and never had any problems...

*frusterated*
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,310 Views)
How many times does the loop iterate? The sample length inputs to the Array Max & Min PtByPt functions are not wired. The default is 100. If your loop iterates more than 100 times after the maximum, the diplayed value will decrease. Try setting the sample length to a large value and see if it helps. Then you can determine the appropriate value for your application.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,307 Views)
thats a good idea...  The problem is a test can last up to 10minutes or like 5000 + points...  should I make the number like something huge like a million?  would that help you think? 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,304 Views)
Set "sample length" to 0. This will keep a continuous max and min. It's explained in the help for that function. Also, please turn off "run when opened" when you post a VI to the forum. We don't know what it could possibly do, and no one wants code automatically running on their computer.
Message 4 of 4
(2,298 Views)