LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for ambiguous dialogs

Hi! I recently started working at NI and I'm interested in what dialog/error messages LabVIEW throws that the users find confusing/ambiguous/useless.

A good example is a case where LabVIEW (not a user-built VI) opens a dialog box with "Press OK to [perform some action] or Cancel to [perform some other action]" with an OK/Cancel button. The point here is that OK and Cancel buttons themselves don't describe what is actually going to happen, and that makes them sort of useless. I would like to find examples of these in LabVIEW.

Feel free to reply back, preferably with a VI or project I can load and reproduce the ambiguous dialog or error.

Some more background: I just started working at NI and with LabVIEW just shy of a month ago. As such, I'm slowly learning more and more about LabVIEW, but I don't have the insight that many of you, the end users, have. Hence, here I am! I'm hoping I can learn a lot from the LabVIEW "veterans" here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,267 Views)

Welcome to LabVIEW and congrats on the position!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,261 Views)

Here's one that needs disambiguficationalifying

1.png

Message 3 of 5
(2,216 Views)

I''m going to add this one that I had posted to the Idea Exchange

Better error descriptions for Application Builder

I don't know if that particular idea really applicable to the questions you are asking here.  The dialog itself isn't necessarily ambiguous.  But the data it is showing doesn't give a clear idea on where to go look for the problem.

Message 4 of 5
(2,202 Views)

Thanks Bill

Been trying to spin an 8-ball here for a while

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,199 Views)