LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging multiple unsynchronised data sources

@Kevin_Price wrote:

Time-of-receipt isn't *quite* time-of-occurrence, but it's at least consistent and is often as good as you can reasonably do.

-Kevin P

All of my sources transmit a timestamp derived from the hardware clock with the data. I have just used the system time in that testbed for simplicity.

Am I best off importing the data back into LabVIEW to produce an XY graph or is there a way of doing it within Diadem?

Nice to know I am along the right track.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(387 Views)

Sorry, can't comment on Diadem.

If the transmitters are including timing info, maybe a lot of my suggestions aren't so relevant.  The main one I'd be inclined to stick with is to store your channels' timing info as seconds relative to the common t0 you also store.  It seems to me that'd be more convenient for most post-processing needs, but you'd still preserve the ability to recreate full timestamp info as needed.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(380 Views)