LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging data every hour, labview stops responding when program stopped

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. I am trying to make a labview program to read data and record it to a TDMS file every hour for as long as it runs. I first wanted to test it on 15 minute intervals to work the bugs how. I made the attached VI and simulated some data. It runs fine but when I press the stop button to stop the program, the mouse cursor changes to the "waiting cursor" and it stays like that until the program says "(Not Responding)" and then it crashes. Needless to say the data is not recorded or corrupted. It doesnt seem to do this with shorter time intervals (say, record data every 15 seconds). Is the long time period the reason its happening? Is there a better way to approach this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,146 Views)

Are you using Windows 7 with a USB data acquisition system? If so the problem can be caused by Windows going into sleep mode. Not sure but I think that this mode  disable power from the USB ports.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,138 Views)

Just a small error in how you wrote the header information (Every iteration?) a small mod to fix. The wait untill next mS will prevent the loop from consuming an entire core.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,136 Views)

Jeff, could you save that file so that I could open it with Ver 8.6? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,126 Views)

here you go

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,122 Views)

Jeff, you save it in version 10.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,120 Views)

Indeed, I still cant open it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,114 Views)

Hmmm am I going crazy? When I tried to open your file RavensFan, Labview still came up with the error message saying Ver. 10 was newer than Ver. 8.6.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,104 Views)

No, you are not crazy.  I don't know what is going on.  I know I did a save for 8.6.  And I have done it a few more times to be sure.  And everytime I reopen it, it says 10.0.

So I did a save for 8.0.  And when I reopen that, it still says 10.0

I can't explain it.  I'm running LV 2010 SP1.  I wonder if there is a problem with the Save for Previous Version in that version, or if there is something about your VI that is not allowing it to go to 8.6 and forcing it back to LV 2010 without a warning or explanation.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,091 Views)