cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Issue with Time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm working on this project which would need to log the current data everytime x seconds has been reached which is set by the data logger box.  I would like the graphs and readouts to update as often as they like as just write to file when the time is up.  I'm rather new to lab view so I wasn't sure how to get these seperate operations up.

Thanks

J.L.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hydrate

I can't look at your code right now, but one thought that occurs to me is to put an event structure inside the data acquistion loop and set your timeout to however often you want to write to the file.  Then put your file IO in the timeout event.  Somebody will probably have a better idea....

-Matt

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 2 of 4
(2,435 Views)

I agree with Mark. The event struture is one way to do it. Or have a tick.iteration counter in your loop and put a case struture for logging data whenever the seconds in the loop counter reach your required value.

Ipshita C. 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,414 Views)
Ok.  I will look into this tomorrow when I get in and give it a shot... Thanks for the help so far!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,402 Views)