LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock-In-Amplifier SR830

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to talk to SR830 through labview as well, but I'm experiencing a lot of difficulties. So far, MAX can recognize my SR830, so that's good.

I wrote a VI to collect and graph R_data using the SR830_Example VI from the driver download (attached). Running it I don't see any output. Highlighting the diagrams while running tells me that the SR830 subVI has been executed, even though I don't see anything on the channel displays.

Then I went back to run the SR830_example VI. During the highlight mode execution, the green arrow stops on the SR830 subVI, and again nothing is shown on the front panel.

I'm pretty confused as to what the correct behavior I should expect from the SR830_example...I've been assuming that the VI takes a sample and display them in the appropriate channel displays...

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

-Al

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(2,198 Views)

I have only looked briefly at your VI, but I think I know the problem.

The SR830 is storing the data in its internal buffer, at the end of the scan these points will be downloaded to your computer. Thus, there is no immediate update of values on the front panel. The scan length is determined by how many data points you are acquiring along with the sampling rate.

Check out the following post,

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-driver-for-SR830-and-SR844-be-used-interchangeably/m-p/1702554#M...

at the bottom of the discussion there is an updated program for acquiring data from the SR830, if you have LabVIEW 2011. If you have an older version of LabVIEW, try the program a few posts above the last one. You can turn on context help if you need any information.

Cheers,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(2,185 Views)

Hi 

I have downloded  lock_in.vi ‏51 KB program in labview but its keep asking me about the file '' state_control.ctl''  😞 can you please help me to find out what is this file and where i can find it .

thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,806 Views)

It's probably in the library, SR830.LLB ‏209 KB.

When it is scanning for that file, open the library and select it.

Cheers,

mcduff

Message 24 of 27
(1,789 Views)

Hi S.Kakibe,

I am facing the same problem with SR830. I made a simple program to read the output X using GPIB. This program works well on another computer, but not on mine. It is showing error 30. I have checked with NI MAX. The instrument is identified there. Codes are also running well. I am attaching my program's screenshot for convenience. Can you please tell me how can I resolve it?

Thanks in advance..

rimi009

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(1,018 Views)

You have nothing in GPIB address.  This need to match the address set up on the SR830

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,013 Views)

Hi.. actually this is just the program screenshot. I have put a GPIB address while running the code. In my case, it was 8 which I found from the instrument by pressing the 'setup' button. I was guessing something (just a wild guess), I have windows 8 in my pc, could it be the issue?  because the other pc has windows 10 in it.

Thanks in advance..

rimi009

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(996 Views)