From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading a dll -- Application Configuration is Incorrect

Hi,

I'm attempting to load a dll for use in Labview using the Call Library Function Node.  Attached is the very simple code I've tried to use.  I'm aware it lacks the extern "C" clause, but I've configured my compiler (MS Visual Studio 2005 Pro) to compile as C code (and not C++).  I've verified that there is no name decoration and the function is exported correctly with this utility.  After setting up the configuration window of the CLF Node, I'm prompted with an error that "the application configuration is incorrect."  I've looked at this thread, so I understand there may be issues with using Visual Studio.  I'm using LabView 7.1.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,517 Views)
Do you get this error after configuring the CLF, of after running the VI?

Can you send a screenshot of the CLF configuration screen?

Have you tried to make a simpler example (e.g. without the picturedata[])?

Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,506 Views)
Hi Wiebe,

Thanks for the help.  Attached are a simplified test code and a screenshot of its configuration screen along with the success of the aforementioned dll checker.  Labview pops up an error message as soon as I click Okay on the configuration window, resulting in a broken run arrow.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,491 Views)
I can't see a problem in your C code, either. And I never got that error message in LabVIEW 7 when dealing with DLLs (but I never used one created with VS2005...).
Maybe, you'd like to post the DLL for further investigation?
Another very good tool to check DLLs is here.
Regards, Guenter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,483 Views)