LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Time for executable

Hi,

I've just built an exe from a vi that loads very quickly. It takes about 10s to display the icon in the task bar and then more than 40s to display the front face.

I've disabled everything in my vi so that the only thing made at start up is an apparition of the front face from 100% transparancy to 0%. In the exe i just include my vi.

Do you have an idea to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,137 Views)

Hi MR J,

When you try to run the VI without Exe, what is the status in the Task Manager (% of CPU charge)?Is the behaviour the same as in EXE?

In your VI do you use a while loop without timings VI? 

Also from your front panel do you use high resolution images?

Which labview version do you use, OS, Drivers, and waht is the purpose of your application?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,095 Views)

Remi

Here are attached the CPU charge of the vi itself and the vi in exe. I've checked the while loop and added some timings which improves a lot the load time of the vi and a little the load time of the exe.

I don't use high resolution images on the front panel.

I'm using Labview 8.5 under windows XP SP3. I don't know exactly the version of the driver installed (I couldn't find).

The application is acquiring data on a RFID system and after some analysis fills a database. In the meantime, a bigger part of the database is read and displayed on the main front panel.

It has been designed by launching 6 times the same acquisition vi (which is composed of 2 loops one generating data and one consumming datas) in order to try to rich real time treatment.

Best regards,

Julien

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,075 Views)