Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Cell configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

I didn't ask for the power requirement  of your sensor 🙂

I asked for the requirements of your force measurement 😉

Bridges can be measured with any a wide range of supply voltages (with some exceptions.. piezoelectric bridges, accuracy, self heating, ...)  

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(631 Views)

Hi all,

I am trying to calibrate an actuator load cell (interface) with 200 kip limit to an external NI cDAQ Module NI 9215 BNC. I just don'y know which scale factor to use for the conversion of voltage to lbs or kips since the documentation from the Load cell is in mV/V. Any Idea how to perform this calibration?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(586 Views)

Hi all,

I am trying to get a reading from an actuator's Load Cell (Interface) through my cDAQ and Module NI 9215 BNC. The output signal from the actuator is through a BNC cable as shown in the picture attached. I am not sure how much excitation is applied in order to calibrate the readings on the range of -/+ 10 V. The values from the load cell calibration document are in mV/V, how can I transform that to a range of +/- 10 V

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(612 Views)

Hi hassan,

there are surely more data in the datasheet than just this single mV/V value...

(What kind of unit is "kips", never heard of before!?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(580 Views)

Hi Hassan,

please stick with one thread!

@askhassan1 wrote:

I am not sure how much excitation is applied in order to calibrate the readings on the range of -/+ 10 V. The values from the load cell calibration document are in mV/V, how can I transform that to a range of +/- 10 V

As I already answered to your other message: the datasheet of your sensor should provide more information than this single "mV/V" value…

Mind to attach that datasheet?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(570 Views)

Thanks for your reply !

Attached the load cell original documentation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(564 Views)

Hi hassan,

Why do you want to scale to +-10V at all?

You should know the supply/excitation voltage as the NI9215 is a simple voltage measurement device. Then you can divide your signal by supply voltage to get the mV/V value as provided in the calibration sheet!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(543 Views)