From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing non-ni and ni usb devices

Hi I am looking for ways to  list out non-ni and ni USB devices. They can be memory-based or DAQ- based as
I want to list out all available USB devices so that labview can select one of them correctly before using it.
I cannot find examples how to use. How abt dll? U have seen how  Microsoft USB viewer list. out all.
Tell me how. I am using Labview 7.1

Thanks in advance
Clement
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,448 Views)

@astroboy wrote:
Hi I am looking for ways to  list out non-ni and ni USB devices. They can be memory-based or DAQ- based as
I want to list out all available USB devices so that labview can select one of them correctly before using it.
I cannot find examples how to use. How abt dll? U have seen how  Microsoft USB viewer list. out all.
Tell me how. I am using Labview 7.1

Thanks in advance
Clement

By doing what the MS USB Viewer does. Enumerating all devices using Windows API calls. So yo will have to dig into MSDN, and then find out how to call the Windows API DLLs with the LabVIEW Call Library Node. Good luck.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,445 Views)
If the USB connection PID and VID are registered to VISA (you can use the Measurement and Automation explorer to do this), the VISA FindResource will report it, along with all other VISA resources. You can use a selection mask  (such as USB?*) to find just the USB entries. This doesn't find every USB resource attached to the computer, but it is useful for finding resources that are VISA accessible.

If the device does not have the VID and PID registered to VISA, it is hard to see how you will use it?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,404 Views)