cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listbox with Horizonal scroll visible

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

We all know that a listbox comes with a default Vertical scrollbar (that can be selected or deselected).

I have attached a vi that has list box with horizontal scroll bar also visible.

Now i have made it my self by playing around with custom control and i am unable to reproduce the same since i forgot how i did it. has anuone tried it before and if yes throw some light on this?

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,758 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guruthilak

First use a 'multi-column listbox' with horizontal scrollbar visible. Then, you replace it by a simple 'Listbox' and the property is retained.

It's strange but it works. I suppose simple 'Listbox' is a light form of multi-column listbox with restricted options...

Message Edité par J.DECHET le 01-05-2010 10:35 AM
Message 2 of 5
(3,747 Views)

I can get the horizontal scroll bar to show up by replacing a multicolumn listbos with a normal listbox, but it is always grayed out. Since its a single column listbox you can't set the column width...how do you get the scroll bar to actually be functional?

I have a very long list of strings to display, some which are very long themselves. I need horizontal scrolling so that the user can scroll to the end of the string which horizontally and then up/down to find the one they want as the text they need to identify their string is often at the end of each name.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,370 Views)

Since LabVIEW 2010 at least, it seems that the Replace method is not functionnal any more... So you could use a Multicolumn listbox with only one column.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,330 Views)

I have tried a multicolumn listbox but I don't know if I was going about it the right way. The main problem I ran into was that there were still a bunch of empty columns, despite setting it to 0 columns using a property node. This made it tricky to scroll horizontally cuz the bulk of the scrollbar corresponded to the empty columns. Also, when I tried setting it to 1 column, then setting the active cell width to something wide enough (i.e. 1000 pixels) it would make the listbox control as a whole go that wide and cover up other pieces of my FP. I'm sure there is a way around this, but I am not aware of it. For my own purposes I just added a dynamic search box that allows the users to quickly narrow down the availble options in the listbox, this seems to work well enough for everyone to be happy.

Thanks for the advice!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,320 Views)