LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking oscilloscope to computer

Hi, I'm using RTO 1002 Oscilloscope. I'm suppose to link up the Oscilloscope with my CPU using LABView platform. I've downloaded the driver from http://cdn.rohde-schwarz.com/pws/dl_downloads/dl_driver/rsscope/rsscope-lv_2300.zip . Does anyone have any idea? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,184 Views)
What sort of physical connection does the scope have? The driver on the NI page lists support for GPIB, Ethernet, or USB. Given a choice, I would use Ethernet and connect to a second, dedicated NIC on the pc.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,180 Views)

I'm using USB as a connection of the oscilloscope to my PC.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,174 Views)
You need to have NI-VISA installed. It will also install Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). The instrument should be listed there. I haven't looked at the driver so I don't know what type it is. See of it comes with an example.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,162 Views)

I believe I already have NI-VISA installed, how do I link the Oscilloscope up with my PC?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,115 Views)
Plug it in?

What, if anything, have you done? Did you check in MAX, if it is listed. Have you looked for an example program in the driver?
Message 6 of 19
(4,109 Views)

Where do I find MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,102 Views)
If you actually installed NI-VISA, Measurement and Automation Explorer will be on your desktop.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,092 Views)

Is there a specific version of NI-VISA for rohde & schwarz RTO1002?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,024 Views)

Hi Johnson,

over USB you should see your scope in Windows Device manager as USB-TMC device. Is that the case?

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,006 Views)