LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear Fit errors

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to make use of the "Linear Fit" and "Linear Fit Coefficients" vi's, but I am getting errors despite inputting what I thought was correct. If I connect my two 1D data arrays to the 'X' and 'Y' input terminals then I get the error -20002.  If I connect empty arrays, I get the error -20006.  I'm leaving all the other inputs unconnected.

In looking for a solution to this, I came across something altenbach said a few years ago:

@altenbach wrote:
Some possible errors that can occur with linear fit (but they would generated different error codes):
  1. You have only a two-column file. In this case you need columns 0 and 1 (column 2 does not exists) error -20002
  2. You have only one row, thus only one data point. error -20006.

I only half-understand what he meant, and/or how it would apply to what I'm doing wrong.  Can anyone help me out here?

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,900 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author J.Mamakos

Please attach code.

-20002 states that the input sequences must be the same size.  So X and Y need to be the same length.  Verify this first.

-20006 states that the input lengths must be at least 2 elements.  So passing in empty arrays makes perfect sense here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(3,891 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

-20002 states that the input sequences must be the same size.  So X and Y need to be the same length.  Verify this first. 

One of my arrays was an element short (I was taking the arrays from different ends of a For loop).  Thanks for showing me where to look!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,887 Views)

Most of the time, a simple error lookup will tell you exactly where you went wrong.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,884 Views)

I didn't know you could do that (aside from looking on the internet).  I've found the "Explain Error" option now that I look for it.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,881 Views)