From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library not loading

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys,  This code doesn't seem to be finding the lvwpcap.dll library  i have been giving the right path yet it's not working. I have been selecting the right path and  loading yet it throws up an error which i can't seem to be seeing.

help please!!

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(4,266 Views)

You need to install the WCAP library too. This DLL is only a LabVIEW wrapper for the real WCAP driver.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,228 Views)

can you please give me more details on how to proceed....thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,223 Views)

Either install WireShark which also installs the Windows Pcap driver or go here: https://www.winpcap.org/

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,218 Views)

they are already installed.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,216 Views)

Then you either didn't install the right bitness of it or you try to use this wrapper in 64-bit LabVIEW. The DLL was compiled as 32-bit and therefore can only be loaded into 32-bit LabVIEW,

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,214 Views)

this make sense to me now thank you... 

Any alternative solution on how i can make up and running onto my current system....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,206 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author elah12

I'm not really sure what part makes sense but I assume you installed LabVIEW 64-bit and are asking for solutions of your problem.

There are really only two:

1) Most recommended: Install LabVIEW 32-bit instead. Unless you do some huge image analysis or similar application, it is all you need and it is still more likely to be supported by other libraries too.

2) Recompile or find someone who can recompile this DLL for 64-bit using a Visual C compiler.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,194 Views)

Hi elah,

most of this has been discussed before here

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,190 Views)

Thank you it finally worked. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,173 Views)