cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiCor Serial Read Errors - hex 0xBFFF006c

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Adam,

I'm sorry but I haven't been here at the computer two days ago.

I'm able to communicate with the device using VISA test panels in Measurement & Automation Explorer. I receive the menssage "this device is working properly".

The problem isn't with the communication. I can communicate my device without inconvenience with the computer, I can transfer and receive data of my robot.

When I communicate my device and I receive and transfer data but suddenly the communication stop and appears the error:

Error -1073807252 occurred at VISA Read in Interfaz2.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF006C) An overrun error occurred during transfer. A character was not read from the hardware before the next character arrived.

I transfer and receive data continually without TermChar but each string, both reception and transmission, is compound for two header bytes.

Can you help me pleace? I must solve this problem...

Thanks for your time.

Here I added a foto of my program.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(1,983 Views)

Inclusively I tested this little program only to read data but it isn't going properly...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(2,004 Views)

I have just noticed that in VISA test panels I receive the same error "hex 0xBFFF006C" and "hex 0x3FFF0006"...

Any Idea pleace?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(1,987 Views)

Hi,

I found a knowledgebase that talks about the error you are receiving. I would try going through the steps to see if it helps. Also are you able to communicate with your device in hyperterminal with no issues?

Best Regards,

Adam G 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(1,959 Views)

Hi Adams,

I can't soleve my problem. I have probed installing again VISA and NI-Serial to a old version and I get the same problem.

I ran the MAX and Ï didn't find the "Advanced Settings". On Remote System I have nothing and on My System/Devices and Interfaces/Serial & Parallel, I find only Gereral and Port Settings but not Advanced Settings...

Can you help me pleace yet?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(1,942 Views)

Any idea pleace?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(1,896 Views)

Hey,

Overrun errors usually occur when the data isn't being read from the buffer fast enough and what is being written to the buffer runs out of room.  Without the values you are putting into the Front Panel, it is difficult to gauge what you should be looking for.  You may try increasing the bytes to be read for each loop.

Jake

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(1,882 Views)

Yes, I understand what you say. But the problem is that I run the serial communication in MAX and I get the same error hex 0xBFFF006c. I receive data and this is shown by the panel of MAX, but periodically I get the same error when I run the MAX...

I don't just think that this is a problem of my program, because I have proved too the examples of serial communication and the error is still there...

Wath can I do pleace? I must have the communication right soon...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(1,878 Views)

Hi,

Did you follow the steps listed in this knowledgebase? At the bottom it states how to change the buffer if you are using non NI hardware. You menionted before that you tried to look in Measurement & Automation Explorer for the advance tab and it wasn't there. That tab will only be there is the serial card is made by NI. You will need to go to the Windows device manager to change the settings on your serial port.

Best Regards,

Adam G 

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(1,851 Views)

Hi Adam,

I followed the steps listed in this knowledgebase. I went to the Windows device manager und I changed the settings on my serial port but I get the same error.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(1,822 Views)