LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learn Multiple Geometric Patterns

Hi all,

I am using LabView and Vision to detect image from a USB camera but now i want to recognize template images in a retrieved image from the USB camera. I constantly get the error 

Error -1074395628 occurred at IMAQ Learn Multiple Geometric Patterns

Possible reason(s):

IMAQ Vision: Invalid geometric matching template image.

Now i don't have a clue what the problem is, i even tried to do it with template editor but it also doesn't work. Templates are added as well as the code i'm using. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,261 Views)

Hello,

Is it possible to post the code you're currently using in .VI-format?

Did you create the code from scratch or did you start from a template?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,192 Views)

Hi Thierry,

Sorry, i tried another solution since this one clearly was not working but it would be great if i could get it to work. So if you are willing to help me that would be great. I created the code (if you call it that way) from scratch but used the example found in vision. I couldn't get it to work though.

Thank you for your time. 

Kind Regards,

Bob Rots

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,185 Views)

Sorry i don't know how to edit my previous post but i also get the error that its not a correct template image. 

Error -1074395628 occurred at IMAQ Learn Multiple Geometric Patterns

Possible reason(s):

IMAQ Vision: Invalid geometric matching template image.

So if you can help me that would be nice.

Kind Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,178 Views)

Hello Bob,

Can you upload the LabVIEW VI's/code that produced this error?

If you are not able to upload the .vi file, then please arcive it in a rar or a zip-file and use it as attachment.

To be able to help you troubleshoot the problems/errors you're getting, we do need the code/VI's you're using.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,166 Views)

Here is my VI it now gives no error but it also doesn't work so i could use some help with this. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,142 Views)

Hello SSJVegetto,

is this linked to the parallel post http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/image-improvement-for-circle-detection/td-p/2236998

If yes, then we should limit ourselves to one thread, because it will become confusing otherwise.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,107 Views)

ThiCop,

Yes it is linked. I was searching for a different solution to use but then i got stuck on that one as well. 

Kind Regards,

Bob Rots

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,104 Views)

Then we'll first focus on the other post, ok?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,090 Views)

Respected Sir,

My task is to recognize hexagonal shape (says bolts) which I place in front of my camera (Basler aca 2000-50gc) .I have to - "Train the Template during Live execution" and I am using  LabView 2012 and OS - Windows XP.

I am stuck  in -

1.Creating template path and how to use it in live acquisition of camera and then use it in geometric matching .

2.If I have 3 bolts of hexagonal shape then I have to make 3 template or just a single one.?

3.I am not allowed to use vision assistant .

4.Getting error 1074395628 in Learn geometric pattern vi.

I just tried to make a rough vi related to my task. Please go through the attached vi and respected template image and suggest me changes.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards
Shreya Joshi
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,715 Views)