LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laview sound and vibration toolkit

I have following queries about Laview sound and vibration toolkit, if any idea or help possible please:

• Is it possible to present the output spectrum from the SRS block on a “limit testing VI” plot? ---- Yes SVT limit test vi
  • Can the limit testing VI plot show multiple spectra and a single upper and lower limit line in one plot? Yes
  • Is the limit testing VI capable to show the percentage of data points which violate the limits?
  • Is it possible to average spectra data (coming from a number of separate SRS blocks) into one plot on the limit VI

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(916 Views)

Hi

I will really appreciate any sort of comment and help on any points below.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(863 Views)

Is the limit testing VI capable to show the percentage of data points which violate the limits?

% failure is not an output of the SVL Limit Testing VI.
You can work with the existing outputs to calculate a % failure.
Here is one way to do that:

Percent Failure from Limit Test Result.png

Note that the code above works because we know that the failure spectrum is equal to the input spectrum for each value that fails and equal to Not a Number (NaN) for each value that passes the test.

Is it possible to average spectra data (coming from a number of separate SRS blocks) into one plot on the limit VI

Certainly, you can perform any math operations (including averaging) on the spectra prior to performing limit test. You could perform limit test on each SR spectrum and combine individual results into a single graph. You have complete control over what happens to your data and measurement results. SV Average Spectra shows examples of RMS averaging for FFT spectra, and you can copy code out of that VI to start on your averaging strategy for SR spectra. I don't recommend modifying SV VIs, but feel free to view the diagrams and reuse the code in your custom analysis.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(843 Views)