LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large size file memory problem?

Hi Massimiliano,

Massi@INO wrote:

which I32 counter are you speaking of? Is there a solution to avoid this overflow error?

Somewhere hidden in the code an I32 counter is used. Maybe inside Matlab ("VideoReader()"), maybe inside the LabVIEW-Matlab interface. (Most often Rolf knows such internals much better than me…)

Can you read (all) the video frames correctly when running that Matlab script using Matlab ("inside the Matlab IDE")?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(290 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Massimiliano,

Somewhere hidden in the code an I32 counter is used. Maybe inside Matlab ("VideoReader()"), maybe inside the LabVIEW-Matlab interface. (Most often Rolf knows such internals much better than me…)

I can't really make much sense of the 3 VIs. Just noticed that the problem about those 3500 images very closely correlates to the I32 limit. As far as I can see in the VIs itself I do not see any obvious I32 problem on the LabVIEW side. All LabVIEW file IO functions use internally 64-bit offsets since LabVIEW 8.0 and since about 8.5 that is consistently implemented everywhere I have come across.

But some of what I see in those VIs makes little sense so I can't be sure there couldn't be some hidden issue somewhere too. But the VideoReader implementation on the Matlab side is probably a good suspect here. Without knowing more about its implementation it is simply a guess though.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(282 Views)

Thank you very much, i will try to understand if this I32 counter is somewhere inside Matlab or inside the LabVIEW-Matlab interface. However, as soon as possible, i will try to implement everything only on Labview and avoid Matlab. Thanks again, massimiliano.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(277 Views)

Thank you very much for your considerations, I will try to let Labiview do the entire work to eliminate any possible problem coming from Matlab and i will try to re-organize the Vls according to the various hints i received here. Thanks again, massimiliano.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(273 Views)