LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large gap around VI/exe window (set to run as maximized)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm having the following issue with LabVIEW 2018, and am wondering if others are having it / if it's been fixed in future versions:

I configure my main GUI VI to run Maximized on the primary screen. For some reason, in both development and runtime, there's a big gap around the sides and bottom of the window (about 12 pixels). See attached screenshot for example. The only possible workaround is to make the window resizable and try and set it the window size automatically by fetching the screen size from windows and so forth - not my favorite idea especially since stuff moving around as the window scales usually doesn't go well.

Anybody have some insight? Thanks in advance,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,028 Views)

Sounds suspiciously like a variant of this issue.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(1,955 Views)

I agree, except this is far more annoying, because you can see a good deal of the window(s) behind and I’ll even miss the “x” button and open the window behind by accident sometimes, because it’s not in the corner where it should be. 

It just makes the application look unpolished and I know my client will be unhappy. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(1,936 Views)

I totally agree!  I wish I had a solution.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(1,929 Views)

Hi Michael, can you attach the VI with everything stripped out, but still exhibiting this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(1,901 Views)

Hi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(1,894 Views)

@michael.lambert wrote:

Hi

OMG.  That's all I have to say about it.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,887 Views)
Wow, my first impression is that if you don't allow the user to resize the window, it's almost as if they just remove the border area where the user would place the cursor when they want to resize the window.
Even a couple pixels is still very annoying though...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,882 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author michael.lambert

I was able to reproduce in LV 2020 as well. I was able to make it look pretty "normal" by trimming 10 pixels off of the left, right, and bottom borders as below. Still not very nice that you have to manipulate the window to simply show it maximized, and I'm not sure how this works with multiple monitors.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,855 Views)

I saw that solution once before, I think. The only downside to it, is that the minimize/maximize button will indicate that the window isn't maximized if you programmatically change the bounds. If the user clicks it to maximize, then you're back at square one.

Sooooo, my workaround for the time being is make it non-resizable and move the left, bottom, and right bounds as you've done here. 

Thanks for your time and thoughts 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,842 Views)