LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large file count create zip file error

Hello All,

I am getting error 42 when trying to un zip a zip file containing more than 6k 200k jpeg images. 

If I zip a folder containing less than 6k of these images everything works.  This looks like a limitation of these tools provided in Labview.  I can work around by segmentating the zip files into smaller chunks but was wondering if there is another solution?

I have attached screen shots of code and erors.

Thanx,

Karl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,892 Views)

Do you get these errors when unzipping from Windows or with 7-zip?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,871 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

The problem actually seems to be the "Add File To Zip.vi".  THe resulting zip file can be unzipped with other tools like Directory Opus 11 etc. but some of the images are corrupted as shown in my previous attachment "Opus display pic error.jpg".  

I have since stiched images together to create  128 17Meg stiched images and LV zip tools chokes on this as well suggesting it seems to be related to sheer data size.

Best Regards,

Karl

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,860 Views)

Try zipping the files with Directory Opus or 7-zip.  If that allows for non-corrupted files, use the command line interface for those applications instead of the built-in LabVIEW Zip tools.  I have a library for 7-zip that has served me well over a couple of years now.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,742 Views)