LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(LabviewFpga) Leakage current Data Acquistion with NI9205 module and NI9149 chassis

Hello,

I am working on a breakdown analysis of semiconductor devices. I want to save the 1s data before the breakdown (look into the past thing). The module has 16 channels and a sample rate of 250ks/s (around 15ks/s per channel). I am trying to trace the rise of leakage current by setting a threshold and then just saving the data if the value is above the threshold using DMA FIFO.  So far, no good results.

Any recommended approach or idea to crack this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,095 Views)

Hi kazmi,

@kazmi12 wrote:

So far, no good results.

What have you tried? Where are you stuck? Why don't you attach your VI?

You may save the whole data, along with the result of the threshold check. In postprocessing you can select the interesting parts of the data...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,045 Views)

I want to trace the curve in real time.

My VI is not worth sharing right now. 

My idea to solve this task was to get 250ks/s from a channel(if using a single channel), make an array of it, and match the last value of the array to my threshold if condition met I will save the array somehow in DMA FIFO and transfer it to the windows host VI(not sure about that too). Is this idea worth implementing???

But right now I am stuck at the initial step. The problem is if I am getting 250ks/s how can I make an array of them. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,029 Views)

Hi kazmi,

can't you use the NI9149 chassis + NI9205 module as a DAQmx device directly from your Windows computer? This way you just need to setup a DAQmx task reading the signals at 250kS/s…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,018 Views)

No, actually I have use fpga of NI9149 to acquire data....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,015 Views)