From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview

Hi everyone I am trying to implement a case structure that has multiple directions of movement. I have searched on the internet and it says I need to use the image I have attached but I can't find it on the pallet?

NKS479_0-1648391934253.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(785 Views)

Hi NKS,

@NKS479 wrote:
I have searched on the internet and it says I need to use the image I have attached but I can't find it on the pallet?

How is that specific image related to "multiple directions of movement"?

Why don't you provide a link to your "internet" source?

Why don't you attach your VI? (You already tried to implement your requirements in a VI, don't you?)

@NKS479 wrote:

I am trying to implement a case structure that has multiple directions of movement.

Can you explain your requirement?

How/why should a case structure have "directions of movement"?

Recommendation: Explain WHAT you want is the goal, NOT HOW you want to achieve the goal!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(772 Views)

@NKS479 wrote:

I have searched on the internet and it says I need to use the image I have attached but I can't find it on the pallet?

There are very few LabVIEW programming problems where using an image is the solution. Images are also not in the palette. You already have the image, else you could not have attached it.

If you want a control (or indicator?? No way to tell!) that looks like your image (or nicer, at least have the red dots aligned!), it could be many different things. A cluster of classic booleans? A radiobutton control? Three booleans on a square decoration? Can't be a boolean array with three elements, else they would be aligned!

If you found "something" on the internet, please provide a link so we can tell if it is good or bad advice and potentially can extract more metadata and context.

@NKS479 wrote:

Hi everyone I am trying to implement a case structure that has multiple directions of movement.

Case structures don't have a "direction" or "movement". Are you looking to create a case structure with multiple cases, one for each direction?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(743 Views)