LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview to excel interesting one

Hello
i need to enter 12 data into excel , Row wise. i made the GUI as attached. I dont have report generation toolkit. i am using LV 7.1 PDS. Every day around 150 rows i will use for one excel file.

how can i append the data with out losing exsisting data?

how can i initiate user defined chart in excel using macro in LV?

Thanks in advance ,
Karthik
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,428 Views)
Hello Karthik,

There are multiple shipping examples that use Excel and macros.  Just go to Help>>Find Examples and then search for excel and macros.  Make sure you "search for all of the words" or else the results are a little overwhelming.

Also, this KB talks about appending to file - but it also uses the report generation toolkit.  However, this KB does discuss appending to text files, which you can then open in Excel.

I hope this gets you started!

Janell R | applications engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,393 Views)

Hello

i looked the KBs with related to Excel, but it needs for report generation toolkit. i dont have report generation toolkit. Kindly guide without that how can i achieve my requirements. I am just beginner in LV.

thanks

karthik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,379 Views)

Hello Karthik,

To be able to work directly with Excel, you will need a good understanding of ActiveX, macros, or access to the report generation toolkit.  However, you can use the write to spreadsheet file which will write to a tab delimited txt file that can then be opened in Excel.  The second KB link in my previous message discusses this.

Thanks,

Janell R | applications engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,360 Views)

Hey karthik

You should have a look at the excel board were ther are many examples and even complete toolkits (for free). There are also shipping examples for excel. There is one called write table to excel and one called Excel macro.

I will try to provide an example but my time is high demand for the project I am working on.

For more information and some sample VI's and tool kits, you can go to the excel board

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 5 of 5
(2,347 Views)